Sunday, June 3, 2012

Laundry Room Re-do

I wanted to redo our laundry room.  For too long it was ugly tan, and I wanted it to be nice and bright.  I hate folding laundry, and I figure, if I'm going to be in there anyway, I might as well like the decor.  Here is a before picture


We moved the storage cabinet into the study downstairs - it is a perfect unit for all my craft and art things.  I can even store my wrapping paper in a drawer inside that is the perfect length!  Once everything was removed, I went to paint. 

I had a few different leftover blue paint colors from around the house, so I mixed some of them all together.  I also knew that I wanted a shelf, a hanging rack, and some hooks along the wall.  I did have inspiration from here.  I got the wood from a home improvement store for the shelf and the wood moulding on the hook wall.  I cut the wood to size, and then painted the pieces bright white. I secured the shelf with leftover wood and molly screws, and for the wood trim, I nailed the peices to the wall.  Iscrewed in the hooks (from the home improvement store), added the hanging rack, and voila, I had a nice new room. 



I added some decorative finishing touches, and now I'm ready to go.  Since the laundry room is upstairs at my house, I don't have to worry about shelves getting repurposed for anything other than a folding table or ironing area.


Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment