Sunday, June 24, 2012

Caramel Apples

This past Halloween, I wanted to try out the whole making caramel in the crock pot idea.  I had been seeing things about how you can put a can of sweetened condensed milk in a pot and boil it to make caramel without the mess.  I was a bit scared to try it that way, so I took my milk, opened it, and poured it straight into the crock pot.  That way, I didn't have to worry about exploding cans on my stove.  I got some granny smith apples, some candy sticks, and I was ready to make caramel apples.

Here is what my crock pot looked like after I dipped my apples.



For the apples, it was easy peasy.  I just put the stick in the apple, dipped it in the caramel (I used a spoon to help coat the top where the apple wasn't dipped entirely).  Then I put the apples on wax paper on a baking sheet, and waited for them to cool.


Delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment