Friday, June 8, 2012

Framing Out a Mirror

I was tired of having those huge mirrors with no frame on them in every bathroom, so I began a quest to change that.  In the hall bathroom, I switched out the mirror completely, for an oval mirror (another post on that remodel later).  Upstairs, I redid the spare bathroom with wood and tile, and im the master, I am currently working on a project with tile. 

Today, I'm focusing on the spare bath.  I got my shopping list ready and headed to the improvement store.  I got glass mosaic tile, wood trim, and liquid nails.   To start, I cut the wood to size, and painted it white.  I then laid out the peices along with the tile, so I could size everything before gluing things in place. Along with my friend's dog I was petsitting



Then, I made sure I had enough tile, and glued the tile to the wood frame.  I did not glue the wood together in the rectangle shape, as I wanted to put each piece on the mirror separately to make sure it would fit properly. 



Then, I glued each peice separately to the mirror, and before you know it, I had a nice framed mirror, where before I had just mirror.



I love the new look! Plus it was very easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment